Peak District National Park - day trip and guided tour from Manchester
Smile Adventures Limited
One Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester Manchester M1 1RG, UNITED KINGDOM
Join us for a tour of the wonderful Peak District National Park, Britain’s first National Park. It’s hard to believe that just 40 minutes outside of Manchester you can be surrounded by beautiful green hills, and a peaceful countryside lifestyle that hasn’t changed very much in the last 100 years! We drive through the amazing scenery, stopping at some of the famous viewpoints, landmarks and traditional towns to explore the secrets of The Peak.
- Transport from Manchester by executive coach
- Friendly guides for the day
- Mam Tor, Short hike to an amazing view point and a walk along a beautiful ridge into the village of Castleton. 1 hour 20 mins easy-medium walk. (There is an option to travel to Castleton in the coach, if you are not able to walk long distances)
- Free time in Castleton to explore the pretty town, or maybe visit Peveril Castle (approx. £5 payable locally)
- Stop to walk by Ladybower Reservoir and see the amazing Derwent Dam
- Return to Manchester on the famous ‘Snake Pass’ and learn a little local history as you take in the view
This tour departs from Smile adventures in Manchester at 08:30am and is designed to give you an experience that you will remember, with a group of fantastic people. Tours include lots of information about the places we visit, local recommendations, competitions, and most of all – fun!