Join us on a guided small group tour and experience the real essence of the Cotswolds with the help of a knowledgeable local guide.
About the tour
Our carefully selected walking routes were designed to showcase the best of the Cotswolds. Once out on the trail, you will begin to really sense the freedom that comes with this slower pace of travel: the chance to stop and appreciate the charm of “chocolate box” villages with their parish churches, the majesty of the open meadows, and the serenity of ancient woodlands.
Your expert local guide, Andrew Guppy will bring the fascinating Cotswolds history to life.
Let us take you on a tour off the beaten track, and enjoy walking at a relaxed pace.
Tours will run with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 16 participants.
Please remember that the law now stipulates that visitors may only join the tour in a group of up to six people (unless joining in a household or support bubble which is larger than 6).
Please note that we do not recommend this walk for children under the age of 10.
Chipping Campden circular walk via Hidcote Manor Gardens or Kiftsgate Court Gardens
7 miles/11 km
Grade: Easy 🥾
Enjoy a gentle and invigorating walk following sections of the Monarch’s Way and the Heart of England Way, crossing quintessentially English countryside, with a visit Hidcote Manor Gardens or Kiftsgate Court Gardens.
Visit one of England’s most famous gardens, Hidcote, with its garden rooms inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement and created by American Major Lawrence Johnston. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hidcote to purchase your ticket and learn more about Covid-19 procedures.
Visit Kiftsgate Court Gardens, located a stone’s throw away from Hidcote. Kiftsgate is one of the hidden treasures of the Cotswolds. The garden that became famous for its spectacular roses is the result of the hard work of three generations of women. The garden was created on a steep slope that offers dramatic views to the Malvern Hills and beyond. Please visit www.kiftsgate.co.uk/home to learn more about Covid-19 procedures.
Please note: admission to Hidcote Manor Gardens or Kiftsgate Court Gardens is not included in the price of the tour.
You may wish to bring some picnic supplies with you to enjoy in the picnic area near Hidcote, after your visit to the gardens.
Please remember to bring a face mask with you.
A little bit about us
We are a local, family owned company, specialising in customised self-guided and guided walking tours in the Cotswolds. Celebrating over 25 years of organising tours, with a passion for walking and the Cotswolds, we offer in-depth knowledge of the area. We pride ourselves on our friendly service and attention to detail that is second to none.
We also offer private guided walking tours and we are always happy to tailor our tours to your interests and walking abilities. Please feel free to contact us for details by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us on 0330 0436843.
Added health and safety measures
It is our mission to make our tours as carefree and enjoyable for everyone as always, whilst taking care of our enhanced safety measures as seamlessly as possible.
Through careful planning and attention to detail, the mission of Cotswold Walks is to ensure you have complete peace of mind, so you can immerse yourself in the beauty of the Cotswolds and create lasting memories.
Our enhanced health and safety measures:
- We ensure our familiarity with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and adhere to these at all times.
- We maintain government-recommended social distancing between us and tour participants at all times.
- We apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- We wear face masks according to government guidance and additionally as per participants’ requests wherever possible.
- Participants will be advised of and asked to adhere to recommended hygiene procedures, such as wearing a face mask when asked to do so, and limiting physical contact wherever possible.
- We ensure awareness of and compliance with specific Covid-19 requirements of the sites the tour visits.
- We ensure to make best efforts to negotiate more crowded public areas safely, or if appropriate, avoid them.
Anyone who has had symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days or lives in a household where someone has had symptoms in this period, should not participate.